The Eye of The Storm
In the Sydney suburb of Centennial Park, two nurses, a housekeeper and a solicitor attend to Elizabeth Hunter as her expatriate son and daughter convene at her deathbed. But in dying, as in living, Mrs Hunter remains a powerful force on those who surround her.
Based on the novel by Nobel Prize winner Patrick White, The Eye of the Storm is a savage exploration of family relationships — and the sharp undercurrents of love and hate, comedy and tragedy which define them.
- Geoffrey Rush
- Judy Davis
- Charlotte Rampling
- John Gaden
- Colin Friels
- Director: Fred Schepisi
- Writer: Judy Morris (screenplay), Patrick White (novel)
- Producers: Antony Waddington, Gregory Read
- **** "Fred Schepisi is one of our finest filmmakers. A grand effort. I really admire this film"
- Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies
- **** "An extraordinary cast"
- David Stratton, At the Movies
- 8/10 Beautifully shot. Immaculately measured. Superb performances
- Sun Herald