In The Home Agora
4th century A.D. Egypt under the Roman Empire
Violent religious upheaval in the streets of Alexandria spills over into the city’s famous Library. Trapped inside its walls, the brilliant astronomer Hypatia and her disciples fight to save the wisdom of the Ancient World
Among them, the two men competing for her heart: the witty, privileged Orestes and Davus, Hypatia’s young slave, who is torn between his secret love for her and the freedom he knows can be his if he chooses to join the unstoppable surge of the Christians.
- Rachel Weisz
- Max Minghella
- Oscar Isaac
- Michael Lonsdale
- Director: Alejandro Amenábar
- Writers: Alejandro Amenábar, Mateo Gil
- Producers: Fernando Bovaira, Álvaro Augustin
- "★★★★ A powerful story of politics, religion, loyalty and love."
- Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies
- "An ambitious, cerebral and complex movie... Unlike most toga movies, it doesn't rely on CGI spectacle, but real drama and ideas" - The Guardian